Thomas Jefferson Scholastic Open Chess Tournament October 18, 2008
DATE: Saturday, October 18, 2008
LOCATION: Thomas Jefferson Independent Day School 3401 E. Newman Rd. Joplin, MO 64801
GRADE DIVISIONS: K-6, 7-8 and 9-12
- Check in / on-site registration from 9:00 – 10:00 A.M.
- Mandatory players’ meeting at 10:20 A.M.
- All Divisions: First round begins at 10:00 A.M.
- Round 1 starts at 10:30 AM
- Round 2 starts at 12:15 PM
- Round 3 starts at 2:00 PM
- Round 4 starts at 3:45 PM
- Awards Ceremony at 5:00 PM
K-12 OPEN (USCF RATED)
The tournament will be run on the Swiss System. Four Rounds, G/45.
Entry fee is $10 if submitted by October 9, 2008. $15 after October 9th. On site registration is available the morning of the tournament from 9-10 AM
A “Skittles” room will be available for all players and parents. Only players and tournament officials will be allowed in the playing area while play is in progress.
All registration forms should be mailed to: Thomas Jefferson Independent Day School. All checks should be made payable to Thomas Jefferson Independent Day School.
Contact Scott Johnson (417) 781-5124 or (319) 360-5216 or [email protected] with questions.